Tuesday 19 September 2017

Autumn has arrived...

Great British Bake Off on? Check.
Considering putting on the heating? Check.
Raided the jumper box under the bed? Check.

Yep...Autumn is officially here.
My favourite season!
My body literally gives a sign of relief when it gets cooler. But great things have occurred this year..after all I've managed to go through Spring and Summer without having another relapse!
Tysabri must be working wonders. It's such a nice feeling to think that I'm on some drugs that are actually helping now. They do tire me out after I've had had the infusion, but that's a small price to pay for a drug this good. My one fear is that one day I'll be positive for the JC virus though. If you remember, the JC virus is a dormant virus that, when it becomes active, greatly increases my chances of getting PML (a brain infection). Because of the way Tysabri works, the body can't fight the infection and so PML can lead to severe disability or death. Often people remain on Tysabri even though they become positive for the JC virus, because the chances of getting PML are still 1 in 1000. But as it's 1 in 10000 at the moment, that's quite a leap, and one I'm not sure I'd be willing to take by carrying on with Tysabri. I guess it's not worth thinking about now, after all it may never happen, but I confess it has been in the back of my mind recently.

Back to the hear and now though, and I'm glad that we're starting to get back into a routine as a family too. Lib has started back at school (as Year One!) and Ed is still enjoying nursery, thank goodness, so things are ticking along nicely. This Saturday we managed a day trip to Bath to go the Egg Theatre to see Sarah and Duck. There was much walking and a bit of standing around, namely on the train, but I managed it. That being said though, I was in bed the following day, and limping the day after that. I guess it's still swings and roundabouts at the moment. It was nice to get out and have a family day together though. We just need to find that balance between having a nice day out, but one that doesn't tire me out too much :)

Oooh....I've had another guest blog post published on the MS-UK website. They have asked me to contribute once a month, which has really perked me up because I've had complete writers block recently. Even writing this has been a challenge.
The link to the blog post is here: Summer Holiday Musings
I shall persevere though. I've been writing children's books too, and as I'm getting better with each one, I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to be published. That's the dream anyway. It just seems like a bit of an uphill struggle at the moment. Onwards and upwards though!



Ed loved his first train journey!!






No comments:

Post a Comment