Thursday 13 July 2017

Good news...and sports day


I'm proud to say that I'm going to be a regular guest blogger for the MS-UK website!
Apparently the posts I've written for them have been very well received, so that's great news. Onward and upwards with this writing lark! The book I'm writing is slowly but surely coming along, though I have no doubt that it'll take me years to actually finish. Then again, you never know, I might surprise myself.

In other news we had Libby's school sports day today.
She did brilliantly and I was so proud, but things hit a bit of a snag when she wanted me to go in for the mother's race. I said I couldn't (I mean, I don't even know whether I can run anymore, and I didn't fancy trying in front of a whole school of people! Plus, there's always the risk of me knackering myself out for the rest of the day) and she got really really upset because the other Mum's were doing it. It was my first taste of her being upset because of my MS and it sucked. Usually she's so good at listening to me and going with the flow, but she was beside herself.

I guess this will happen more and more the older she gets and the more aware she becomes of my MS. It's such a big thing to take on board, and I'm just sorry that she has to deal with it.
There's no point in dwelling on it though. I do what I can, and that's all I can do. The kids will
understand that one day.



Lib clearing a foot of air!








No comments:

Post a Comment